Since it is Appreciate a Dragon Day, here are some of our favorites and where you can find them.
- Falcor (The Never-Ending Story). If your dog could fly and have an old man voice, he would be Falcor. Who wouldn’t want that?
- Smaug (The Hobbit). Your basic bitch dragon. Huge. Breathes flames. Hordes gold.
- Mushu (Mulan). Because all dragons should give wisecracks.
- Toothless (How to Train a Dragon). Just, yes.
- Samaranth (Here There be Dragons). One of the oldest dragons in the Archipelago of Dreams. Will give you loads of great advice as long as you stay for tea.
- Seraphina (in Seraphina by Rachel Hartman). Ok, she is technically half dragon, but that still counts. The other dragons are cool too.
- Kai (The Invisible Library). Irene is a spy for the interdimensional Library, retrieving books from various alternate worlds. (And she encounters a dragon.)
- Julius (Nice Dragons Finish Last). Smallest dragon in a man-suit in the Heartstriker clan in a magical Detroit.