What’s Christmas without your favorite version of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens? Death, humor, supernatural creatures, time travel–this story has everything! In my family, it’s the 1951 version starring Alastair Sim. But the Muppets aren’t bad either! It ain’t easy being green…in the snow.
How to commemorate:
- Use puns. (For example, “There’s more gravy than grave about you!”)
- Find the actual story by Dickens and read it aloud to your family! It really is a short story.
- But if you’re interested in brevity, our captain recites to (read as ‘inflicts upon’) his kids the Jacob Marley scene. “One of these years, they’re gonna love it!” he claims.
- Say “Humbug!” to the first person who wishes you a Merry Christmas! (But ONLY the first person!)
- Say “Come in and know me better, man” whenever someone comes into a room.
A Christmas Carol (book)
A Christmas Carol (Alastair Sim)
A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart)
The Muppet Christmas Carol