In my personal list of nightmare scenarios, the top three are:
- Going to work with no pants on
- Having to take a surprise test that I know nothing about
- Showing up at a costume party and being the only one in costume
Well, Bridget Jones has already lived that last one for me, so maybe I don’t need to worry about it any more. Right?
Ah, the fancy dress party, the elegant British tradition where women dress slutty and men dress like priests. Keeping it classy as always, Britain! On this date, Bridget showed up dressed as a tart, but–whoops–her pervy uncle forgot to tell her it was downgraded to a normal party.
How to Commemorate
- Dress as a tart. (They’re more fun than vicars. Usually.)
- Throw a costume party, or just go to a normal party in costume. It’s a win either way.
- Traditional fare: finger sandwiches and vodka punch.