In the final book in the Harry Potter series, we are flashed forward 19 years to the day that we see Harry, Ron, and Hermione (and, okay, Draco too) take their kids to the Hogwarts Express to begin their time at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Now it so happens that we know the Hogwarts Express always departs on the 1st of September (at 11 AM) and we know the years that the events of Harry’s Hogwarts time took place (see CinemaBLEND for a thorough delineation), AND SO we know that the Potters and Weasley-Grangers (and Malfoys) arrive at Platform 9 ¾ on 1 September 2017.
See where the whole Hogwarts gang is now (literally NOW) thanks to EW.
How to Commemorate
- Go to a train station. Look for a portkey to Platform 9 ¾.
- Wear your Hogwarts house gear. (You have some, right?)
- Walk into a brick wall. But not.
- Throw a Potter party (especially if you missed his birthday).
- Look up boarding schools to send your children to. (As if you parents haven’t done this a hundred times already.)
- Send a student a care package. Brownies are always acceptable.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows